Experienced R&D Mechanical Design Engineer
ICEpower is seeking a mechanical engineer to take the role of project lead and designer.
Do you believe in solution-based thinking, and can you maintain motivation at the final sprint? Our mechanical team is seeking an experienced project lead/designer and colleague with a cooperative and positive mindset who wants to take part in the journey from design to the final product.
You will become part of the ICEpower culture – a place where we pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality and performance within the audio business at a competitive cost prize – we are, to say it out loud: as enthusiastic about sound as our customers – we want to be the best at what we do!
Our products are developed by our R&D department in Søborg and manufactured at CM partners in Thailand. Some travel is to be expected. In your day-to-day work, you will be situated in Søborg, where a collaboration of some +50 skilled and driven engineers within embedded software (SW), Mechanic (MECH), Digital Hardware (DHW), Analog Hardware (AHW) work together every day.
The Mechanical department consists of seven dedicated engineers and three student engineers with the ambition to grow. As a mechanical designer and project lead at ICEpower, you will drive the design of various audio products with cross-functional project team members.
ICEpower manufacturers amplifier and power supply modules as well as full systems on turn-key basis. You will be involved in the design and development of both. ICEpower develops both medium and high-power solutions where efficient cooling designs are needed, so a good grasp of thermal management is needed.
- Enclosure development for audio products, rack amps, and accessories
- Development of cooling solutions for amplifiers
• Mechanical integration of various electrical subsystems
- Injection Molding (Metal, Plastics)
- Simulations and design predictability
• Design for manufacturing and assembly (DfM/DfA)
• Drive cost-efficient design development
- Platform thinking and configuration
• Maintenance and optimization of the current portfolio of solutions
• Some traveling to manufacturers and customers expected
- Establish a mechanical Project Strategy
• Motivate and ensure a positive and open-minded mindset in the department
• Participate in creating/adjusting R&D processes to support project execution
• Hands-on work
• +3 years of experience with mechanical design
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in a mechanical design-related field or documented experience that accounts for a similar skill level
• A good handle on robust design practices is a plus
• Experience with 3D CAD modeling (we use OnShape), and 2D drawings
• Experience with DfM and DfA at contract manufacturers
• Experience with handling PLM systems is a plus (we use Arena PLM)
• Good communication skills in English
• Leading by example
• A strong team player
• Strong technical foundation
• Well-developed analytical abilities and a structured approach
• Business understanding and financial insight are a plus
• Thrive in a dynamic environment
• Not afraid of hands-on work
Audio Made Powerful
We create innovative and competitive products for the most prestigious audio brands and leaders in the audio industry. We are a global R&D center of excellence that exists to empower our partners with everything from specific modules to 100% custom-made and complete turnkey solutions (cradle to grave).
Audio is in our DNA, and we are found at the world’s most famous stadiums and concert halls while at the same time playing in the falling snow at winter sports events. We are at the local fitness club, the train station, or your favorite pub around the corner. We are lucky enough to work with audio, and every day, we get to amplify some of the most beautiful things in life – Music, communication, and entertainment!
ICEpower was established in 1999. We are more than 100 dedicated employees, of which 85 are engineers. And we would like you to join us.
Being Part of ICEpower
By joining ICEpower, you become part of a diverse culture. Here we all bring value to work every day. We are not too proud to let someone know they did well or mention that “you are simply the best.” You can come to work in a t-shirt, rusty jeans, or your best suit, as long as you remember to bring your running shoes if you’d like to join in on a Monday run or bicycle event. We are serious when needed, we can laugh, and we hang out for a Friday beer. We have a relaxed atmosphere based on a shared trust that we are the best at what we do.
ICEpower is a company that partners with our customers and suppliers. We are mutually dependent. We trust that by giving our partners the best possible conditions, we aspire to become the winning team with the highest success.
Naturally, many of us are interested in music and the technical solutions leading to great sound. Some people put their heads down into the technical solutions while others use our stage to play a gig, enjoy our listening room, borrow our mobile discotheque, Soundbox, or the like for a private session. Whether you are a streamer, vinyl freak, or wish to dig into our library on music, you will feel at home in ICEpower.
Additional information and application
Apply for this position by submitting your application below or by sending your CV and application in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark the subject field with R&D Mechanical Design Engineer.
As we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing
Are you looking for an exciting new job opportunity? Don’t hesitate to apply! Filling out a job application form may seem daunting, but it’s your chance to showcase your skills and potentially land a dream job.
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain, so take the first step toward your career goals and submit your application today!