We are looking for a Category Manager for Standard components who masters the daily communication with distributors and manufactures. With high focus of cost and an active attitude for getting the right prices on our Mass production products.
You will be a part of the Operations department and your primary area of responsibility will be our distributors, standard component manufactures, and the work with quotations from our EMS’s.
Category Manager, Standard Components and Cost
To be successful in this position you need experience in standard component management and category management and liking the interaction and negotiation with external partners. With a cooperative mindset you will fit well into the Sourcing department and work closely with our Purchaser & Material controller.
In this position you will have a big and noticeable impact in the organization. The position refers to the Head of department for Sourcing and S&OP.
- Daily management of Distributors and component manufactures
- Collaborating with EMS partner
- Participate in three-party-meetings
- Support NPI with component prices
- Price matrix management (EMS Quotation)
- Drive cost-down initiatives
- Take responsibility of selected sub-suppliers within standard electronics.
- Manage and develop existing sub-suppliers
- Support Mass Production and NPI projects activities
- Close collaboration with R&D Project Managers, NPI Managers, and R&D teams
- Maintenance of master data of categories and suppliers
- Hands-on work
- Travelling is expected
- Minimum 4-8 years of relevant experience
- Preferably a relevant education within purchasing, supply chain or engineering
- Experience with collaboration with Asian Electronic Manufacturing partners is an advantage
- Experience with PLM systems
- Understanding of ERP systems
- Great negotiations skills
- Great Excel skills
- Experience with extraction and analysis of data in big sheets.
- Fluency in the English language is required
- Multitasking daily tasks and having an eye for the long-term strategic direction.
- Structured and analytical approach.
- Understanding opportunities when they occur
- A good business understanding
- Cooperative mindset and enjoying being part of dynamic teams
- Understanding of foreign cultures.
- Organized way of working
- Passionate about your work
Audio Made Powerful
We create innovative and competitive products for the most prestigious audio brands and leaders in the audio industry. We are a global R&D center of excellence that exists to empower our partners with everything from specific modules to 100% custom-made and complete turnkey solutions (cradle to grave).
Audio is in our DNA, and we are found at the world’s most famous stadiums and concert halls while at the same time playing in the falling snow at winter sports events. We are at the local fitness club, the train station, or your favorite pub around the corner. We are lucky enough to work with audio, and every day, we get to amplify some of the most beautiful things in life – Music, communication, and entertainment!
ICEpower was established in 1999. We are more than 100 dedicated employees, of which 85 are engineers. And we would like you to join us.
Being a Part of ICEpower
By joining ICEpower, you become part of a diverse culture. Here we all bring value to work every day. We are not too proud to let someone know they did well or mention that “you are simply the best.” You can come to work in a t-shirt, rusty jeans, or your best suit, as long as you remember to bring your running shoes if you’d like to join in on a Monday run or bicycle event. We are serious when needed, we can laugh, and we hang out for a Friday beer. We have a relaxed atmosphere based on a shared trust that we are the best at what we do.
ICEpower is a company that partners with our customers and suppliers. We are mutually dependent. We trust that by giving our partners the best possible conditions, we aspire to become the winning team with the highest success.
Naturally, many of us are interested in music and the technical solutions leading to great sound. Some people put their heads down into the technical solutions while others use our stage to play a gig, enjoy our listening room, borrow our mobile discotheque, Soundbox, or the like for a private session. Whether you are a streamer, vinyl freak, or wish to dig into our library on music, you will feel at home in ICEpower.
Additional information and application
Apply for this position by submitting your CV and application in English below or send to: email@example.com marked “Application for Category Manager” in the subject field. If you have any questions, they can be directed to the mail above.
As we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.