Experienced R&D Mechanical Engineer
Do you believe in solution-based thinking, and can you keep up motivation at the final sprint? Our mechanical team is seeking an experienced team lead and colleague with a cooperative and positive mindset, who wants to take part in the journey from design to the final product.
Experienced R&D Mechanical Engineer to take the role as team lead
Do you believe in solution-based thinking, and can you keep up motivation at the final sprint? Our mechanical team are seeking an experienced team lead and colleague with a cooperative and positive mindset, who wants to take part in the journey from design to final product.
You will become part of the ICEpower culture – a place where we pride ourselves to deliver the highest of quality and performance within the audio business at a competitive cost prize – we are, to say it out loud: as enthusiastic about sound as our customers – we want to be the best at what we do!
Our products are developed by our R&D department in Søborg and manufactured at CM partners in Thailand. Some travel is to be expected. In your day to day work you will be situated in Søborg, where a collaboration of some +50 skilled and driven engineers within embedded software (SW), Mechanic (MECH), Digital Hardware (DHW), Analog Hardware (AHW) work together every day.
The Mechanical department consists of 3 dedicated engineers as well as 3 student engineers with the ambition to grow. As a Mechanical Team lead at ICEpower you will drive the design of a large variety of audio products together with your team members.
ICEpower manufacturers amplifier and power supply modules as well as full systems on turn-key basis. You will be involved in the design and development of both. ICEpower develops both medium and high-power solutions where efficient cooling designs are needed so a good grasp of thermal management is needed. Based on experience with manufacturing you will help our sourcing department in the development of the
mechanical supply chain, this involves supplier selection and sparring about the future strategy in this field.
• Enclosure development for audio products, rack amps and accessories
• Development of cooling solutions for amplifiers
• Mechanical integration of various electrical sub systems
• Design for manufacturing and assembly (DfM/DfA)
• Drive cost efficient design development
• Maintenance and optimization of current portfolio of solutions
• Sparring with sourcing department around supplier strategy and selection
• Some travelling to manufacturers and customers expected
• Leading and managing people (including performance & development reviews).
• Motivate and ensure positive and openminded mindset in the department
• Technical sparring for team members
• Participate in creating/adjusting R&D processes to support project execution
• Hands on work
• +10 years of experience with mechanical design
• Bachelor or Masters degree in a mechanical design related field or documented experience that accounts for similar skill level
• A good handle on robust design practices is a plus
• Experience with 3D CAD modelling (we use Solidworks and OnShape), and 2D drawings
• Experience with DfM and DfA at contract manufacturers
• Experience with handling PLM systems is a plus (we use Arena PLM)
• Good communication skills in English
• Leading by example
• A strong team player
• Strong technical foundation
• Well-developed analytical abilities and a structured approach
• Business understanding and financial insight is a plus
• Thrive in a dynamic environment
• Not afraid of hands-on work
Being part of ICEpower
• Aside from the cool job, being part of our company we offer a variety of employee benefits.
• Your every day work environment is something out of the ordinary, it mostly resembles a New York studio or loft with our very own stage, colors and different themes that reflect music and audio in every aspect.
• As mentioned our structure is flat, which means that all of ICEpower join each other at our cosy friday bar and all departments enjoy to go out for events from biking to concerts year round.
• We even have people jamming at the stage towards the weekend now and then.
• We also offer pension, healthcare and just have started a vaccination program once a year regarding flu and pneumonia.
• In the everyday benefits we count different coffees at our Italian coffeemaker, fruit and a great cantina.
Audio made powerful
ICEpower develops and delivers superior sound solutions for professional audio industries and end users all over the world. We conduct our business with some of the world’s most prestigious brands within the audio and computer industry. We do so to elevate user experience and audio quality through solutions for consumer, professional, home automation, and mobile audio applications. At ICEpower in Søborg, Denmark, you will join 80+ dedicated colleagues. Mostly engineers.
Additional information and application
Apply for this position by submitting your application below or by sending your CV and application in English to: email@example.com
Mark the subject field with R&D Mechanical Team Lead.
As we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing